or TalkPath Voice Mail
STSe | DHS |
Analog Electronic Key Systems |
The way incoming calls are
handled can make or break a growing business. You need to ensure that calls are correctly
routed and messages are reliably delivered. You need to know that callers can get through
during busy times and off hours. You understand that hiring an operator or
receptionist to answer the phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week would cost a
small fortune. You realize you need a voice messaging system, and you want a system that is
fully featured yet affordably priced. Well the Vertical Dispatch is the
Vodavi Dispatch is a self-contained voice processing system that delivers large
capability in a compact and economical package. With two to eight ports, a minimum of
hours of storage time and an unlimited number of menus and voice mailboxes, Dispatch is the perfect
choice for the small- to mid-sized organization. Plus, Dispatch can grow as your needs
grow - the system can start as small as two ports and expand up to 8 ports.
Simple, Versatile Voice Mail
Custom call-routing lets you tailor options and menus to your site. Users can easily
customize personal greetings to convey availability based on time of day, day of week, or
as-needed. And, up to 100 system-wide distribution lists can be set up by the
administrator, plus users can program up to nine personal distribution lists per mailbox.
Dispatch can manage communications without a live operator. Dispatch will greet callers
with an introduction, ask them to enter an extension or select from options, and even ask
for the caller's name before transferring so the recipient can screen the call. Dispatch
can park a call in a hold location and announce the call over your in-house paging system.
Dispatch can also inform a caller to a busy station where they are located in the
station's queue ("third in line"). Plus, Dispatch can provide frequently
requested information such as directions to your facility.
Dispatch's Windows-based set up screen makes installation and administration a snap
from a laptop computer, or programming can be done from a telephone set, even from an
off-site location. With the "Quick Pick" list, integration with several popular
telephone systems is easily implemented. Mailboxes, messages waiting strings, transfer
strings, and time of day greetings are automatically implemented.
STARPLUS Dispatch Highlights
- Automated attendant for operator free call answering and transfer
- Two, four, six, or eight ports
- Easy to upgrade in two-port increments
- Automatic configuration of integration with common telephone systems
- Unlimited number of mailboxes
- 100 hours of storage
- System set up and administration via a telephone set or laptop PC
- Windows-based setup and database administration software
- Automatic Fax Detection routes incoming fax to fax extension
- Park and Page option announces unanswered calls over in-house paging system
- Call Queuing informs callers of their location in a queue
- Custom call routing allows creation of site-specific menus
- Request extensions with convenient dial-by-name feature
- Flag messages with special delivery options
Dispatch Administrative Conveniences
- Automated attendant for operator-free call reception and transfer on all or selected
lines and times
- System administration by telephone and laptop PC
- Windows-based GUI Administration Module
- Audiotex for automated delivery of frequently requested information
- Automatically set up most popular telephone systems with Quick Pick list
- Unlimited number of menus available
- Unlimited number of mailboxes
- Minimum of 100 hours of voice storage
- Lower-port configurations can be upgraded at any time without a complete re-installation
- Remote administration
- Multiple time-of-day configurations for each class of service, mailbox, menu, or
- Up to 100 system distribution lists
- Administrator can log into any mailbox to perform maintenance
- Cascade mailbox and paging (automatically send a copy of received messages to other
- Broadcast messages to all mailboxes
- Fax detect and transfer
- Park and page
- Set time and date
- Recover deleted messages
- General delivery mailbox
- Print or view system administration reports
- Access code reset
- Add/delete mailboxes
Dispatch User Conveniences
- First-time user tutorial for easy mailbox setup
- Password protection
- Multiple messaging options including private, urgent, future delivery, and confirmation
- Messages can be played faster, slower, louder, softer, or skipped
- Each message can either be replayed, saved, deleted, forwarded or replied to with
- Date/time stamp and sending mailbox ID on every message
- Caller ID information supplied with each call - Available on the
Digital Dispatch only
- Multiple greetings per mailbox, including standard, temporary, busy, and time-sensitive
- Up to nine personal distribution lists per mailbox
- Confirmation on message deletion
- Call screening, with calling party name played to mailbox owner who can then accept,
reject, or forward the call to another extension
- Address by name or mailbox number
- Re-record message option
- Unheard message reminder
- End of recording warning
- Return to personal operator
- Delete sent message if unheard
Dispatch Technical Specifications
- Completely self contained unit contained in a 2 5/8" x 10" x 13 1/2"
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Channel activity monitor LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes)
- Up to 8 phone jacks for telephone system interface
- Serial port for laptop PC administration
- External power supply
- Time and date programmable via phone or PC (Personal Computer)
Dispatch Purchase Options
- 2, 4, 6 or 8 ports
- Quick Reference Cards and User Guides
- Port upgrade kit
Starplus Dispatch Features and Benefits
|Windows Database Administration
||Laptop administration program is a Windows-based software
program for set-up and maintaining the system. Only one floppy diskette is involved;
compatible with Windows 3.1/95/NT.
||Familiar icons in Windows environment allow point-and-click
instructions for quicker installs.
||System covers 2- to 8-port applications; upgrades are easily
added to expand the unit to capacity.
||Small businesses can easily accommodate growth to 8 ports
without a loss of initial investment.
||System menu can automatically configure itself for
integration with popular (60+) telephone systems.
||Eliminates the guesswork and reduces the administration time
involved when installing the system behind a Vodavi or non-Vodavi telephone system.
||After reaching the Auto Attendant, an incoming fax may be
pre-routed to a designated fax extension.
||Reduces the need for a separate inbound fax line in a small
office environment; faxes go through on initial attempt without interruption.
|Park and Page
||When a call arrives at an unanswered station, an option is
presented to the caller which will announce the name over the in-house paging system.
||Critical calls are handled as mobile staff can be located
quickly and efficiently.
||System will announce to incoming callers where they are
positioned ("third in line") to a busy station.
||Presents time-saving information to clients who may not be
able to hold.
|Custom Call Routing
||Powerful system flexibility allows call routing to be
created on a per-site basis, customized to the customer's needs. ("Sales press 1,
Service press 2, or directly dial extension...")
||Caller input routes the calls rather than an operator; call
flow is based on customer-specific applications.
|Dial by Name
||Incoming callers can request specific extensions or use the
Dial by Name capability to reach an unknown mailbox.
||User-friendly assistance offered to potential new clients;
prompts for forgotten extension numbers.
||Based on the individual numbering plan, the number of system
mailboxes offers complete flexibility for standard, guest, and bulletin board mailboxes.
||Accommodates expanding needs of call-intensive businesses.
||System supports a variety of message options in marking
calls confidential/urgent/future delivery.
||Provides useful options to external and internal callers in
appropriately processing voice communication.
Features may vary based on the capabilities of the
telephone system supporting STARPLUS Dispatch.
Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
STSe | DHS |
Analog Electronic Key Systems |